Sunday 7 October 2012

Quick Review: Ha Ha Veggie Bar, Camden Lock


 

Ha Ha Veggie Bar Opening Times

 

Monday to Thursday, 9:30 to 17:30
Friday, 10:30 to 17:00
Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 to 17:30
 
 ***
 
On Saturday 6th October I paid my first visit to Camden Lock - a cultured and interesting place, full of lots of different types of people, and fantastic stalls and stores.
 
In amongst the clothes, gifts, and general bits and bobs, were a host of street food stalls that immediately appealed to all senses with their offering of traditional dishes and flavours from around the world.
 
As one of the friends I was with is a vegetarian, she was naturally drawn to the Ha Ha Veggie Bar, and with a relatively varied and reasonably priced menu on offer, I decided to test it out too.
 
Run by a very charismatic, energetic and friendly gentleman, the stall offers freshly made vegetarian whole foods, including homemade vegan veggie burgers, available with a host of different toppings, vegetarian hot dogs, jacket potatoes, and falafel.
 
From the options, my friend chose the veggie burger with haloumi, while I opted for a pitta filled with falafel, salad and houmous. Both items were really delicious and full of flavour, proving that vegetarian food is anything but boring!! They were also satisfyingly filling for our hungry tums, giving us the lunchtime pick-me-up we needed to continue exploring.
 
Quick Assessment
 
Plus Points:
If you are in the Camden area I would definitely recommend seeing what Ha Ha Veggie Bar has to offer, as the owner's personality, and the way in which he interacts with Lock locals, makes the wait for your order as enjoyable as the consumption experience itself.
 
Negatives:
Although the burgers are homemade, I saw my falafel, as delicious as it was, come out of a packet. This did disappoint me slightly, and I would have been even more impressed if I had enjoyed a home-made experience like my friend!
 
***
 
I will be returning to Camden again soon, so if there are any other must-try food stalls, I would love to hear about them!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment