Sunday 15 July 2012

A birthday is not a birthday without cake

To me, a birthday is not a birthday without a cake, and with the works of art that can be created, it is the part of a celebratory occasion that I look forward to the most.

When I was invited to the 21st birthday party of a good friend of mine, I therefore assigned myself to the role of ‘cake organiser’ so that I could offer an unforgettable centrepiece to the day, which I knew would make my friend smile.

Luckily, I am blessed enough to know an incredibly talented cake-maker who was more than willing to help make my friend’s birthday extra special. We worked together to discuss what would be the perfect design for the occasion, and I sent a number of nautical pictures (Steph’s favourite theme) to offer inspiration, before allowing Carole (at Crumb’s Cakes) to work her magic.

As the party and cake was in Gloucester, I did not see the final design until I went to pick it up, but I knew I would not be disappointed with the outcome, and I absolutely was not.

The cake was a masterpiece - beautiful and impressive, and incredibly detailed and precise, with all of the decorative features perfectly and carefully hand-made, so that the entire cake was edible and totally irresistible.

It was definitely the best cake I have ever seen and tasted, and it really did make a fantastic addition to the party, with all of the guests amazed by the creation. So Carole, thank you very much!!


About Crumbs Cakes

Crumbs Cakes is a very small Gloucester-based cake company that is bursting at its cake box seams with talent. As the business is run by the mum of a very good friend of mine, I am lucky enough to see first-hand the time, attention and detail that goes into every single one of her creations. Her natural talent and artistic flair enables her to develop absolute masterpieces, which definitely look too beautiful to eat, but taste as good as they look when you do.

To find out more, visit the Crumbs Cakes Facebook page, where images of previous designs and contact details can be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment