Monday 2 July 2012

London Foodie - Welcome to my blog...

So, here we go. After months of wanting to start a new blog to focus on my food adventures in London, the time has finally come to start posting.

The purpose of the blog? Well, with a love of food and writing, and an almost endless number of exciting markets and other foodie places to explore in the city, I wanted somewhere to record, review and share my experiences, with the hope of inspiring others to enjoy them for themselves.

A little about me - the new London Foodie

My passion and interest in food was sparked when I was a youngster, and it continues to amaze me how something that is so necessary to our being can provide us with a world of pleasure and enjoyment.

To me, there is a food for every occasion, every mood and every emotion, and although some foods are our worst enemies (mushrooms, bananas, and the nation dividing marmite being mine), our list of favourites are more than likely to be our friends - reassuring, smile-provoking, comforting, and uplifting.

As well as being intrigued by food as a substance and as an art form, I also love cooking, as it absolutely fascinates how we are able to craft together a dish from a list of ingredients to make something completely different. To me, the process is about much more than the final result however, (although little does beat the satisfying ‘mmmmm’ sound that escapes a person’s mouth when they taste something I have made for the first time), as cooking is my form of escapism, which I use to unwind from a day at work, and forget about any worries that may be troubling me.

***

But that's enough about me for now. From here on in let me take you on a food-filled journey around the big city, as I explore what it has to offer our plates and our tummies. And to my friends who are lucky enough to live here with me, or who come to visit, I thank you in advance for accompanying me to the numerous places we will explore, and look forward to sharing my foodie experiences with you.

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy my blog!

Megan, the new London Foodie :-)

PS - You can stay up to date with my foodie adventures on Twitter. Follow me @LDN_Foodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment